BitGo is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who will join our Bitcoin Team. The Bitcoin team works on adding new features, applications and improvements to our Bitcoin wallet. Recent projects include integrations with the lightning network, Musig2, Taproot among others. We want passionate Bitcoiners who are self motivated and can take ownership of large projects and initiatives.
- Build strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and services to power our wallet services: hot and cold wallets, indexing, staking, and SDK services
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our external tooling
- Improve internal workflows by adding tooling to make it easier for BitGo’s client facing teams to service customers better
- Constantly working on security features so that the Bitcoin we have in custody is always safe
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- At least 4 years of back-end, server-side software development
- Great at algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong experience with RESTful API design
- Strong spoken English skills
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
Understanding and experience working in Bitcoin or centralized financial industry
Understanding and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain industry
Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, TypeScript