We are looking for an experienced and results-driven Sales Trader who will play a pivotal role in driving our crypto exchange's trading volumes and revenue while cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with institutional clients, market makers, and high-net-worth individuals.
You will leverage market intelligence and industry expertise to identify new business opportunities and revenue streams and contribute to the development and improvement of OTC strategies and processes.
This role is based in Singapore but will be an integral part of the wider team, working closely with the OTC team in Sydney, as well as Sales, Support and Compliance.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Trading in Sydney and will be part of a winning, hard-working team where everyone contributes every day.
This role has growth opportunities, and some of the key responsibilities include:
* Strategically building a robust client portfolio including Financial Institutions, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Family Offices and HNW individuals, and developing long-term OTC trading relationships.
* Executing OTC trades efficiently, ensuring timely settlement and superior customer service.
* Working closely with Sales to identify new business opportunities, drive growth and seamlessly onboard and capitalise on new client relationships.
* Providing in-depth market know-how and analysis, staying on top of trends and competitor activities, and using this knowledge to adjust the sales strategy and guide the team.
* Collaborating with internal teams to streamline processes, drive innovation and enhance the overall OTC trading experience for clients.
* Conducting ad-hoc tasks where needed relating to trade investigations, risk management, post-trade analysis, and algorithm performance analysis.
* Staying up-to-date on industry developments, regulatory changes, and emerging crypto trends to provide valuable insights.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
* Ideally, a minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in cryptocurrency trading, trading in the fintech space, or TradFi spot trading.
* Passionate about cryptocurrency and the digital asset industry, with a strong understanding of market dynamics.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful sales strategies, consistently exceeding targets.
* Highly skilled at building and maintaining strong client relationships.
* Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to take ownership of business processes and drive improvements.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
* A strong professional network.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and market opportunities.
* Strong organisational skills.
* Solid knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Other skills and experience that are ideal:
* Previous experience in derivatives is highly desirable.
What we offer:
* A competitive salary and commission structure.
* A challenging and rewarding role in the dynamic crypto industry.
* A winning, fun, hard-working team.
* An international work environment where your opinion counts.
* Ongoing development and support.
* Great career development opportunities in a growing company.