About Riot Platforms
Riot is a Bitcoin mining and digital infrastructure company focused on a vertically integrated strategy. The Company has Bitcoin mining data center operations in central Texas and electrical switchgear engineering and fabrication operations in Denver, Colorado.
Our mission is to positively impact the sectors, networks and communities that we touch. We believe that the combination of an innovative spirit and strong community partnership allows the Company to achieve best-in-class execution and create successful outcomes.
Riot is actively expanding and improving its Bitcoin mining operations through innovation, expansion, and procurement, including large-scale expansion of its Texas-based mining and hosting facilities. Join us in building the world’s leading Bitcoin-driven infrastructure platform.
Key attributes we are looking for
You are interested in Bitcoin and being involved in the sector. You are creative, innovative, and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. You take initiative, you are self-sufficient, and you are detail focused.
About the role
We are seeking ambitious and motivated candidates who have a strong interest in working in the Bitcoin and Bitcoin Mining industry. The Data Center Technician will be responsible for the installation of Miners and equipment and maintaining a clean working environment.
- Perform the installation of computer equipment from start to finish including unpacking boxes, installing miners, pulling, and installing cables (Cat-5) in the appropriate server port
- Use hand tools to cut foam and install on racking
- Operate a scissor lift at heights up to 20 feet to install and maintain miners
- Maintaining the bitcoin miners by performing housekeeping tasks including pick up and disposal of trash, dusting, and sweeping the work area
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed
While performing the duties of the job, there can occasionally be exposure to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. Noise level is typically moderate to loud. Frequently working in all weather conditions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work at heights up to 20 feet on lifts and ladders.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods
- Ability to lift and move up to 50+ pounds
- Must be able to operate various machinery and tools without assistance.
- Must be physically able to squat, stoop, bend, pull, reach above shoulder level, stair and ladder climbing, and/or crawling into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to use a pallet jack or be willing to learn to operate required machinery and equipment
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent dexterity
- Able to work a 12-hour shift (ie: Day, Swing, and Night shifts available (Night shifts receive a +$1.00 pay differential)
Education and Experience
- Prior experience installing computer equipment a plus
- Willingness to learn and develop
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 401k plan with company matching
- Great medical, vision, and dental plans to choose from
- Long-term and Short-term disability
- Additional benefit options (Employee Assistance Program, Pet Insurance, and more)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Generous PTO and Paid Holidays
- A fun company culture with tremendous growth opportunities!
The pay range for this role is:
15 - 15 USD per hour (Whinstone US - Rockdale)