The Head of OTC Quantitative Trading will be responsibe for the brand new Quantitative Trading business, launched in 2022 by Kraken’s global Over-The-Counter desk. Kraken OTC team is providing white glove service to high net-worth clients and institutions. Originally formed as a trading desk, the team has recently decided to expand their offerings via this new secured lending product.
Reports to the Global Managing Director of OTC allowing the Head of OTC Quantitative Trading to manage the P&L for the lending business, while managing day-to-day operations, as well as articulating a forward looking strategy.
Role is fully remote anywhere within the US or Europe.
- Build world class Crypto Quantitative Trading Franchise
- Manage the P&L for the OTC Quantitative Trading business
- Lead experienced Development Team to create tools needed for a successful Quantitative business
- Continuously search for opportunities to grow the business by identifying new clients, expanding to new geographies, and in general, articulating a forward looking strategy
- Define and monitor key performance metrics for business health
- Solve critical challenges and develop recommendations by employing a data driven approach
- Collaborate with MD - OTC, global C-suite, and leaders of support functions such as Legal, Compliance to identify and address challenges such as upcoming regulatory changes
- Create a operational culture of excellence, efficiency, security, and risk management
- Exercise discretion with highly confidential or sensitive information
- As needed, identify hiring needs and partner with recruiting to hire additional team members
- Promote franchise in traditional media, social media, and other external channels
- Prior experience in a Quantitative Trading leadership role in the financial services industry
- Advanced mathematics degree and/or computer science degree
- Track record of successful trading experience
- Results and incentive oriented personality
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills, involving cross functional collaboration and data driven approach
- Superior communication and presentation skills including for executive level audiences
- Commercially-minded and entrepreneurial self-starter, comfortable in fast-paced and uncertain/changing environments
- Good to have: experience in a comparable fintech company or late stage pre-IPO company